SOMERSET COUNTY PENNSYLVANIA LAND FOR SALE!
Don’t miss out on owning a true piece of American history! This parcel is located on Old Forty Rd. The historical marker “National Road” is located at GPS coordinates: 39.7222°N 79.3053°W – and in 1976 was designated as a National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark, just a mere .5 mile from this parcel! The historical town of Addison is just up the road, which is a charming small town with MUCH history, including: 19th century construction (most of the buildings including the homes here), Old Petersburg Tollhouse (one of only two tollhouses remaining on the National Road in Pennsylvania), Petersburg-Addison Museum, Frederick Augustine History House museum, taverns converted into homes, as well as being the location where federal troops camped during their travels to Washington, PA during the Whiskey Rebellion. Recreation nearby including Nemacolin Woodlands, Seven Springs, Ohiopyle, Deep Creek, Rails to Trails, boating and the National Road Festival is celebrated each May across 90 miles in Pennsylvania; in Addison, the festival is a four-day event. They also hold the National Chainsaw Carving Festival.
This is a beautiful area with a lot of history and a lot of outdoor recreation!
– Lot size: 1 acre
– Taxes last year: $159.44
– Location regulations: NONE – property is located in a “no zoning ordinance” area; do what you’d like with the land!
– Utilities: Addison borough water authority is nearest, but MOST likely you need to get a well and septic out here; there electricity is nearby
– Lot is wooded; will need to be cleared to build
– Head south on US-40/National Pike for ~2 miles
– Turn left onto Old Forty Rd for ~ .35 miles
– Property is on the left
All corners of the lot GPS coordinates (attached picture): **GPS coordinates are approximations ONLY! Attached for ease of location; this is not a survey or for official use!**